Friends Part 2



So I enter college. Hardly knowing anyone except Divya and Shishir. But it hardly took a few days to realize that the friends I am going to make here are going to be something special. It was unlike school (where I had a class of 15 boys and everybody was my friend). Here its different. There are hundreds of them. But there are those with whom u form an instant rapport. And thats it.

One thing I learnt in college was that any mutual interest or activity can make friends. I formed friends with my room mates, my block mates, those who played TT, those who were regulars in the TV room when any damn sports match would be goin on, those from my class, those in my practical group, those in my project group, those who used to love having a "bakar" on the corridors of the hostel, those with whom I traveled with in train while going back home, the list just goes on and on. Every human being around you is a candidate for ur friendship. It just depends whether that human being has anything common with you or not.

Staying in hostel adds a new dimension to your friendship all together. You stay with each other for major portions of the day. Have food together. Hang out together. Its like they actually become a part of your daily routine.

And among all this friends you find a group of them with whom you are most comfortable with. And it could be a group of 2 or 20. But thats a group which you are generally identified with. And even I had a group. I was lucky enough to be a part of a group of 10 wonderful people (including me). Ten people who really helped me identify myself to a great extent. And I wouldn't be exaggerating if I say the times spent with them were the most fun moments of my life.

Those long hours of playing cards in Abhinav's room. Or those countless trips to Sunrise and Shiv Mahal. Getting up in the morning and bunking the class if one of the ten is not in the moods. Those frustrated moment just before exams where we start cursing the teachers and the syllabus and the books and engineering in general. Goa trip. And countless other moments. The fact that made this moments even more beautiful was that we were in a stage of our lives where we were so carefree. Free from responsibilities of any sort (we hardly considered studies as a responsibility by the end of engineering.). I am sure, never in my future life am I going to be so carefree.

But as I said previously. Life moves on. All of us have moved on with our careers. Hoping that all the rest would be doing great as well. And all those moment have been collected and wrapped in a beautiful canvas and stored in some part of my hippocampus.

One last comment. If you have the right group of friends, than friends can teach you what no one else in this world can.

No comments: