Friends Part 1

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin


What are exactly friends? Why do we require friends? What role do they play in your lives?

Instead of breaking my head into defining friendship and stuff lets put it this way, friends are friends. I can write an entire essay on values of friendship: love, affection, caring blah blah. But instead of writing what friendship is I will write how important friends have been in my life.

Starting from school I was extremely lucky to make some great friends. Friends with whom I stay in contact till today......All this 18 years has not had any effect on our friendship. Though we dont talk that often, they are there and I am there.

Primary and middle school was great. It was lot of fun.....But the importance of friendship was realized by me in the secondary years. Especially during my XI-XII years. Here were bunch of 10-12 guys (most of them together for more than a decade) playing for their future in a place (read Angel School) where the only thing that kept them there was the sheer emotional attachment to it and its people. And those were some days: tuitions, masti, mischie, imitating teachers, cricket, football, studies. It was as if all our lives were attached together, each day a new challenge. Not in the real sense (we werent doing anything special). It was just the idea to survive in the competitive world that was challenging.

And then we moved on to different career. Different places. Probably moving towards a different realm of life altogether.
I always believed that people remain where they are. Its the bond joining two persons that is stretched. And its the responsibility of the person to take care of the bond, so that it doesnt overstretch to the extent that it breaks nor is it understretched so that it ceases to be taut.

Angel School gave me friends with whom I cherish the oldest memories of my childhood and with whom I also spent the most dynamic part of my life. But life moves on. Its a sedimentary rock. It is composed of different layers. And as new layers are deposited, the underlying one gets metamorphosed to form a beautiful mosaic like a marble (by the way this is one of the most beautiful thought I have ever thought of).

I have to go to play now. I think I will write my about college friends tomorrow!

No comments: